As at all previous BME editions we have also this year several awards. There will be awards for the Best Poster, the Henk Stassen Award and the IEEE-EMBS Best Paper Award
· The best poster award this year is a public award and therefore the posters will be judged by all participants. The best 3 will be invited to give a 1-minute pitch on Friday, January 27 at 3:30 PM
· The Henk Stassen Award for Best Young Researcher BME 2023. More informati0n can be found at https://www.bme2023.nl/henk-stassen-award-for-young-scientists/, Former award winners are: 2013 – Stefan Klein (Erasmus MC), 2017 – Heike Vallery (TU Delft), 2019 – Rik Vullings (Eindhoven University), (no winner in the 2021 online edition)
IEEE-EMBS Best Paper Award
After the disappointment of canceling BME2022, we are happy to announce BME2023. The conference will take place in Egmond aan Zee on January 26-27. Please visit the website at https://www.bme2023.nl/. The deadline for abstract submission is on November 4, 2022.
Our IEEE EMBS Benelux Chapter will participate as usual by holding our annual business meeting, our IEEE EMBS distinguished lecture, as well as our IEEE-EMBS Best paper award.
Our distinguished lecturer will be dr. Michela Chiappalone (University of Genoa, Italy), who will speak on Neurons in the loop: a journey from Neurorobotics to Neuroprosthetics.
IEEE-EMBS Best Paper Award
During the 9th Dutch BME Conference, the Benelux Chapter of the IEEE EMBS (Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society) will award with 500 EUR the best paper published in the years 2021-2022 in any of the IEEE Transactions/Journals sponsored by the IEEE EMBS.
The conditions for the nomination of a paper are:
· Publication or written proof of acceptance dated in 2021 or 2022.
· At least one of the authors should be registered and present at the 9th Dutch BME Conference. The nomination should include the names of the authors expected to attend the conference. Their presence at the conference will be checked on site before issuing the award.
· The nomination should be sent by email to Prof. Massimo Mischi (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chairman of the IEEE EMBS Benelux Chapter, AND to Dr. Elisabetta Peri (email@example.com). The deadline is set on December 21, 2022.
· The nomination email should contain the PDF of the paper, proof of acceptance (applicable for articles that have not yet been published), and the names of the authors present at the 9th Dutch
· Papers eligible for nomination should be published or accepted in one of the following journals
(co)sponsored by the IEEE EMBS:
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (T-BME)
- Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (T-NSRE)
- Journal on Biomedical and Health Informatics (J-BHI)
- IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering (R-BME)
- IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine (J-TEHM)
- Transactions on Medical Imaging (T-MI)
- Transactions on NanoBioscience (T-NB)
- Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (T-CBB)
- Transactions on Computational Imaging (T-CI)
- Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems (T-BCAS)
- Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics (T-MRB)
- Life Sciences Letters (LSL)
I am looking forward to receiving your applications